Written: April 24, 2015

Have you read some of my previous posts? If so, then you may or may not have decided that I am some kind of a nutcase, or something to that matter. If so, I understand. A majority of folks seem to go on with their lives trusting almost everything that they are taught without asking deep questions. As a young boy I have been obsessed about life and death and how it all works. After all my years of life, I have had many theories, and arguments. But I am not well educated, therefore I am an opinionated idiot. But at least I know it, or assume to! Ha!
Recently I was browsing all of my Firefox web page favorites, and came across a Secrets In Plain Sight bookmark link. I remembered this man’s work, because it was amazingly detailed and thorough. So I started browsing his website and came across an amazing story about Scott Onstott’s own life.
Scott Onstott is a writer, trainer, filmmaker, and artist. Here is a link to his bio if you are interested. [bio]
While reading his words, it made me think of my own studies and observations during my lifetime, which I have written a little about in this blog. So I thought I would share some of Scott’s own observations that are extremely well written.
“The human mind is a wonderful tool.
However I found that once well developed, the continual pursuit of cognitive development is ultimately hollow. Thoughts come and go. You experience a thought for a few seconds and then it passes away. New and old thoughts continually mix and dance about within your mind. No matter how much ability you have in analyzing, synthesizing, and reorganizing thoughts, they still come and go.
So if I really am my mind then I cannot be any possible thought, regardless of its content, or I would come and go and that is simply not my experience. I am always here being aware. I must therefore be where thoughts come from. I am thinking rather than thoughts. I am a process not an object, a verb rather than a noun.
I am always the subject of my sensations, thoughts and perceptions of my body, mind, and the world respectively as the one who experiences them. As a consequence of this I can never be an object. I am no thing, nothing; I witness things.
If you struggle with the notion that your body is not something then consider that the atoms making up your body are continually and naturally being replaced. In fact there is no atom in you that is conserved after the passage of a few years. As a physical object you are a pattern at best, a pattern that is itself continually transforming. Your materiality and its pattern are ever in flux. Some thing therefore cannot be who you are. There is only one aspect to you that does not change, namely your awareness. How far from your awareness are the sensations of your body? How far from your awareness are your perceptions of the world? Do your thoughts take place in a separate space compared your sensations and perceptions? There is no distance. There is no space.
Consider also that the atom is not only made up of 99.9999999999999% empty “space” but the deeper quantum physicists look the more they see that the atom is really a complex set of mathematical probabilities and that it is impossible to observe an atom without changing it. There is no real substance to the atom or the world outside of awareness for how else could you be aware of it?
In my case it took 42 years to fully realize that I transcend the body, mind, and world! However this isn’t really true, is it? If I am both something and nothing then I am a paradox. Who I am transcends the physical and yet I experience physicality in this body every day. I embrace paradox as myself.
-Scott Onstott”
Here is a link to the full article that Scott posted in his website blog. [link]